Let's just say I am now thinking of all sorts of fillings I can put in these and how easy they would be to make, freeze and take for easy lunches or even breakfast. :-) I did make a few modifications to the recipe and found that I had a TON of leftover filling. I listed my modifications below the recipe.
Chicken Pot Muffins
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 17 mins
Total time: 37 mins
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen vegetables
- 2 cans (10 oz) cream of chicken
- 2 cans (8 ct) flaky butter tastin biscuits
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 375.
- Cook frozen vegetables as directed on the bag. In separate pan, heat cream of chicken soup.
- Lightly spray muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Separate dough into eight biscuits; separate each biscuit into two layers. Place eight biscuit halves in sprayed muffin cups pressing to cover the sides and bottom.
- Once the frozen veggies are done; drain and combine with cream of chicken soup. Add the diced cooked chicken breast, garlic powder and black pepper and combine well.
- Add a little over a tablespoon of the mixture into the lined muffin cup. Place the remaining biscuit halves over the filled muffin cups and gently seal each biscuit.
- Spread each biscuit top with melted butter and sprinkle with italian seasoning.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
This recipe makes 16 muffins with a little mixture left over. I’m sure if you bought another can of biscuits, you could get 24 out of it.
I used 2 cans worth of Cream of Soup and added a can of turkey gravy cause I like to combine the gravy and cream of soups in my pot pies but this was WAY too much. I would say 1 can of cream soup would be plenty. I also used 2 cans of cooked chicken since that is what I had in my pantry. I could have easily have done only 1.
I am now going to freeze my leftover filling and use it either later in the month or next. I will also experiment with using other filling such as cooked cabbage and ground beef, pepperoni and cheese, Eggs and sausage. Ok, getting hungry for them again so I will stop now and let you all try the recipe!