A Good Night’s Sleep and a Good Cup of Coffee

The other day was a really difficult one for me, I was crabby and short-tempered with my kids.  Want to know what set it off?  I stayed up past 11:00 to watch shows with my hubby and then my daughter decided to get up at 5:45… for good.  I tried in vain to get her to go back to sleep over the next 2 hours but it was a losing battle and I finally just flicked on all the lights and told her we should just have a party then (in a not so nice tone). 


My frustration stemmed from many years of bad sleep habits that I guess we have caused for our children.  I’ve looked into all sorts of advice and asked for any tips from friends and family.  Bottom line, my kids just don’t like to sleep much.  And on this particular day we did not need to get up early or head anywhere so I just wanted one morning that started after 7 am.
So after bumbling through the day and finally falling into bed exhausted after the kiddos had gone to sleep I woke up to realize they both had slept past 7:30 am and neither had woken during the night.  So I was in a much better mood.

What made my mood even better was the delicious cup of coffee I made with one of the much loved machines in my house.  Putting it in this particular cup made it taste even better.  Whenever we travel to Panama bags of Café Duran are what fill up a small carry-on for me!

Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that help me get through the day to day that just happens.

Comments

Popular Posts