7-Up Biscuits (Use Homemade Bisquick Mix)

Now I have a reason to keep a bottle of 7-Up around.  These biscuits are so stinkin yummy!

  They mimic the flavor of Popeye’s biscuits.
                2 cups Bisquick (see homemade recipe)
                ½ cup sour cream
                ½ c 7-Up soda
                ¼ cup melted butter

1.       Preheat oven to 450
2.       Cut sour cream into biscuit mix then add 7-Up.  Makes a very soft and sticky dough.
3.       Sprinkle additional biscuit mix (or flour) on board or table and pat dough out. 
4.       Melt ¼ cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.  Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Plain Chicken

Mine were so sticky and hard to make them look this pretty.  Next time, cause I will make these again, I will try coating my hands with flour and rolling the dough into balls then flattening a bit in the pan.  My kids are not hugs biscuit eaters, strange I know, but they gobbled these up especially since I smeared butter and honey on them.  So good!

Comments

Popular Posts