Cream of "Something" Soup mix

I love this mix that I found on Pinterest!  I have to cook with little to no salt and it is so hard to find a Cream Of soup that is low sodium… for a good price.  Coupons don’t always help knock down the price of these soups.  What I love about this recipe is that I can keep the ingredients on hand, if you buy most of it in bulk it’s fairly inexpensive and I can adjust the bouillon amount to suit my dietary needs.
I don’t know if I will ever need to buy this in the can again!

Cream of “something” soup mix

1 c nonfat dried milk
¾ c cornstarch
¼ c bouillon (adjust as needed)
4 Tbs freeze dried minced onions
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme or parsley
1 tsp pepper

For one can mix 1/3 c dry mix with 1 ¼ c water in small pot over medium heat.  Cook until thick.

Comments

Popular Posts